Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Wish had Sequels

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.  Each week, a new list topic is posted, and book bloggers fill in their choices.  This week's topic is "Top Ten Books I Wish had Sequels."

My Top Ten:

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  It's perfectly complete as a standalone, but it's an all-time favorite of mine and I'd still love to see a sequel.

2. The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna.  Another all-time favorite, with perfect prose, pacing, plot, characters, etc.  I would so love to see more of the story explored, though!

3. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long.  A gorgeously written story about faeries, it's really very complete as a standalone, but there's still potential for a sequel!

4. Origin by Jessica Khoury.  The way that Origin ends leaves plenty of room for a sequel - and I wish there was going to be another novel about Pia's character!  However, a companion novel Vitro is coming out next year.

5. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard.  The story is wrapped up quite nicely, but I would love to read more about the amazing main characters.

6. Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  What can I say?  JLA is one of my favorite authors, so I really really wish this one had a sequel!  I loved the paranormal aspect of it.

7. Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini.  An interesting take on the afterlife.  I loved the idea of it and would freak out if there was a sequel!  So much to be explored.

8. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen.  The ending felt slightly incomplete to me.  I kind of wanted the relationship between the main character and her love interest to be more developed, so I'd love to see a sequel.

9. Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George.  I've loved this book since I was a kid - I've read it over six times.  Needless to say, I would LOVE to see more of these characters.

10. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg.  Again, another great standalone, but the ending definitely leaves possible room for a sequel to be written.  Please?!  I'd die of happiness!

What's on your TTT this week?  Leave a link to your blog in the comments!

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment