Friday, August 2, 2013

My Top 5 Books of July 2013

I'm slightly late on my monthly book round-up post.  *sigh* July was a super busy month for me.  Glad it's finally August!  Anyway, here are all the books I read in July:

- Hooked by Liz Fichera
- Also Known As by Robin Benway
- A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris
- Foretold by Jana Oliver
- Avenger by Heather Burch
- In Between by Jenny B. Jones
- On the Loose by Jenny B. Jones
- The Big Picture by Jenny B. Jones
- Frigid by J. Lynn
- Lullaby by Amanda Hocking
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
- That Summer by Sarah Dessen
- How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer
- Relic by Renee Collins
- Golden by Jessi Kirby
- The Planet Thieves by Dan Krokos
- Eve by Anna Carey
- Everafter by Elizabeth Chandler
- Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
- Unthinkable by Nancy Werlin
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson

Well, amidst going to camp, being sick, and having a birthday celebration, I still managed to find lots of time to read, haha.  My top five books of July:

1. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.  I was lucky enough to get an e-arc of this through Netgalley, and oh my word it is just so good.  It's one of my favorite time travel books ever.  There's just so many twists, so much action, and seriously amazing character development.  This book will blow you away.

2. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger.  I simply adore historical books, and this one has all the charm, wit, and elegance of a Jane Austen novel - except there's also some pretty epic steampunk elements mixed in.  Perfection?  I think yes.

3. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer.  Ahh, this was the perfect summer read.  Sometimes, after reading tons of fantasy and dystopian, you just need a lighthearted contemporary read.  This book is too cute for words, and I was reminded a lot of The Devil Wears Prada movie while reading it.  Strohmeyer is one of my favorite authors now!

4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.  I am NOT a fan of vampires (they just gross me out), so I wasn't expecting to like this one when I picked it up.  I was a little surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  It's an all-around fun paranormal read.  I especially loved the strong friendship between Rose and Lissa.

5. Golden by Jessi Kirby.  I've read and liked Kirby's two previous books, but Golden is definitely her best yet!  It's a sweet, achingly beautiful story of self-discovery.  I was flipping the pages like crazy and found myself relating to the main character and the journey she was going on.  Loved it.

What are some of your favorite reads from this past month?

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment