Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light and Fun

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.  Each week, a new list topic is posted, and book bloggers fill in their choices.  This week's topic is "Top Ten Books to Read When You Need Something Light and Fun."

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.  I can guarantee this book will put a smile on your face.  This book is so wonderful and fluffy and perfect, and I can't recommend it enough.

2. The Selection by Kiera Cass.  This book has gotten lots of negative reviews, but honestly I love it.  It's not meant to have any depth to it - it's just an all-around fun, guilty-pleasure type of read.

3. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks.  The hilarious characters had me cracking up nonstop! A perfect summer read.

4. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt.  Just read this recently, and I adored it.  A sweet, heartfelt story that I really enjoyed.

5. Pivot Point by Kasie West.  This is a paranormal book, but I was delighted with how laugh-out-loud funny it was.  The main character is refreshingly sarcastic, and this was a totally fun read!

6. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.  Paranormalcy is so full of win, I don't even know how to describe it.  An entertaining story that I loved.

7. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill.  I utterly adored this book.  For one thing, it's set in England.  Also, the main character is a total nerd and I love her, and the love interest is so funny and swoony.  Awesomeness.

8. Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols.  As the title suggests, this is another great summer read.  I just love how sweet and lighthearted this book is, and it also had me laughing like crazy.

9. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris.  Time travel?  Check.  Swoon-worthy Italian guy?  Check.  Hilarious main character?  Check.  Loved this book!

10. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan.  This book is a mash-up of gothic, paranormal, mystery, and fantasy elements, but there's also a constant humorous feel to the story.  I can't count how many times I nearly died of laughter.

I should also mention Hourglass by Myra McEntire and Airhead by Meg Cabot, they're also great. :) In case you can't tell, I had lots of fun books to choose from for this list!

What's on your TTT this week?

~ The Bookworm

1 comment:

  1. Great picks although I have not read them I've heard only good thins about them.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete