Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Books of March 2013

At the beginning of each month, I post a list of the books I read in the previous month and what my favorites were!

Here's the books I read in March:

- The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
- Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
- The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell
- Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
- Immortal by Gillian Shields
- Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand
- Elemental: The First by Alexandra May
- Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver
- A Touch of Scarlet by Eve Marie Mont
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Surrender by Rhiannon Paille
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
- Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma
- Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton
- Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker

Wow, that's way more books than I thought I'd get to this month!  But I had lots of library books, books to read for school, and books to read/review for Netgalley, so I guess I somehow squeezed it all in. :) My top 5 favorites of the month:

1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.  So far, this is my favorite book of 2013.  It's heartbreaking and perfect.  There are no words to describe the amazingness of this series.  I cried so hard during the epilogue!

2. Dare You To by Katie McGarry.  Gorgeous and sweet, this sequel to Pushing the Limits totally captured my heart.  I adore Ryan and Beth, and this is one of those wonderfully addicting books that I know I'll be rereading over and over again.

3. Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger.  I love the idea behind this book: it's about sylphs!  So cool.  And the book was every bit as good as I'd hoped.  I loved the characters, the plot, the writing, everything.

4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.  The plot is absolutely brilliant, and all the different characters are so wonderful and interesting.  I love how this author has intertwined fairytales and sci-fi.  Amazing.

5. Boundless by Cynthia Hand.  A lovely conclusion to the Unearthly series.  I love the way the story finished and I'm going to miss all the characters in this series so much!

Honorable mentions go to Some Quiet Place (which I adored, and I'll have my review for it up tomorrow!), The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and 17 & Gone.

What are some of your favorite reads from this past month?

~ The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment